What is The Method?
The Method is a concise way of thinking about tap dance that honors the tradition and encourages exploration.
In this course, Andrew combines the wisdom of his mentors, experience he acquired while performing, choreographing, and teaching internationally, and classroom exercises, to set a foundation of continued learning through The Method.
The Seven Rules
Learn the Seven Rules that I use to define the craft of tap dancing. These are the cornerstone of the Method. Learn how to apply them in the classroom for all levels of students with real world examples.
The Five Things
Learn the five things every tap dancer should know. This framework defines what in tap dance land your students are actually learning. Learn how to establish language that is consistent across levels and supports the learning process.
The Foundations course goes even further with more frameworks and skillset definitions, curriculum design, and access to one-to-one coaching.
Join the Community
With enrollment, you will receive special access to the Andrew Nemr Community, filled with curious and generous life-long learners.
What you get:
- Access to Live Sessions + Q&A's with Andrew
- Shared knowledge with fellow students in a dedicated space
- Discounts on new courses
- Discounts on exclusive merch from Andrew's Shop
***All students also get access to any future updates to this course***
- Introduction to Frameworks and Skill Sets (2:19)
- Concept, Content, Process (5:43)
- The Culture and The Market (7:56)
- Oral Traditions (4:55)
- Tap Dance as a Vehicle (5:43)
- Play as Practice (6:25)
- Codification and Variance (6:00)
- Home (3:34)
- Selling Steps and Paying Dues (5:41)
- Tap Dancing is Like... (6:43)
- The Rule of Three (6:03)
- Learning Happens Everywhere (6:54)
- Language and Terminology (7:58)
- Pedagogy, Andragogy, and Heutagogy (9:43)
- Grace (11:47)
- Skill Sets
Check out some of the other courses available from Andrew...